Monday, March 5, 2018

The Case of the Missing Monkey

The Case of the Missing Monkey. (High Rise Private Eyes #1) Cynthia Rylant. Illustrated by G. Brian Karas. 2000. 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Bunny liked brussels sprouts and cheese for breakfast every morning. "Yuck," said Jack. "It's delicious. Try some," said Bunny.

Premise/plot: This is the first book in an early reader mystery series by Cynthia Rylant. In this early chapter book, Jack and Bunny solve the case of the 'missing' monkey. It starts at a local diner. The two are breakfasting together. The owner is distraught when his glass monkey is stolen. Can Bunny and Jack solve the mystery?

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I am trying to read as much Cynthia Rylant as I can this year. I really enjoy her work and there is so much I haven't read! The mystery elements of this one were fun. I enjoyed following the clues. I think children would enjoy it as well.


© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: