Thursday, January 4, 2018

Mr. Pusskins and Little Whiskers

Mr. Pusskins and Little Whiskers: Another Love Story. Sam Lloyd. 2008. 32 pages. [Source: Library] (2007, UK)

First sentence: This is the story of a little girl called Emily and her dear cat, Mr. Pusskins. They thought life couldn't get any better. Then, one day, Emily announced that she had a fabulous surprise for Mr. Pusskins. He was very excited.

Premise/plot: Mr. Pusskins is home again. But does he stay happy and content? Or does he become an ungrateful grump when Emily introduces a new kitten into the house? Will Little Whiskers and Mr. Pusskins make friends? Or will Mr. Pusskins run away again?

My thoughts: I liked this one. I did. I didn't love, love, love it as I did the first book. But I was very happy to see Mr. Pusskins star in another book. What I loved most about this one--and the other one, if I'm honest--was how expressive the illustrations are. The faces Mr. Pusskins makes are priceless. Forgiveness is also part of this second story.

Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10

© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: