Thursday, January 18, 2018

Gobbly Goat

Board book: Gobbly Goat. Axel Scheffler. 2018. Candlewick. 12 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Gobbly Goat felt hungry and was ready for his lunch. "I think it's time for me to eat. What can I find to munch?" He walked around the farm until he found an old straw hat. He took a bite, but spat it out and said, "I don't like that!"

Premise/plot: Is Gobbly Goat a picky eater?!

My thoughts: Gobbly Goat is a rhyming board book to share with little ones. It is a sound book as well. So little ones can press the red button and hear Gobbly Goat do a lot of bleating. The pages are super-thick and sturdy. It does have a story, though a simple story to be sure. I enjoyed the illustrations by Axel Scheffler.

© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: