Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Here Comes Valentine Cat

Here Comes Valentine Cat. Deborah Underwood. 2015. 88 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Hey, Cat! Any Valentine's Day plans? This is a No-Valentines Zone? Why don't you like Valentine's Day, Cat? Valentine's Day doesn't have to be all mushy. Why don't you make a valentine for a friend?

Premise/plot: Here Comes Valentine Cat is one in a series of books starring Cat. In this one, Cat meets a new neighbor--a Dog. Will Dog prove to be a friend or foe? What kind of valentine should Cat make for Dog? A nice one? A mean one?

My thoughts: I love, love, love this series by Deborah Underwood. This one didn't disappoint. I'm so glad I encouraged my library to order it. (They already had the other books in the series.) I would definitely recommend the series to anyone and everyone who loves cats. I would also say that the book is a great example of narrative style. I love the conversational tone of the books.

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 10 out of 10

© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: