Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Lambert The Sheepish Lion

Lambert The Sheepish Lion. Bill Peet. Walt Disney Company. 1970/1977. 42 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: Mr. Stork was having a busy night. He had to deliver bundles of babies to all kinds of places. As he flew over the trees, Mr. Stork was glad he had just one bundle left.

Premise/plot: Mr. Stork is delivering new lambs to a sheep meadow. One sheep had no new lamb to welcome. Not until Mr. Stork shook out the bag and Lambert tumbled out. But this little lamb didn't look like the others--and he meowed?! The bond between mother and child was strong though from the start. When Mr. Stork tries to "correct" his mistake, he learns that a mother's love can be fierce. Later readers will see that a son's love can be just as fierce.

My thoughts: I love, love, love, love, love, crazy love Lambert the Sheepish Lion. I have since I was a child. I want to say we had this on record? or record story book? It's a fun Disney short, well worth watching again and again and again and again. The book is definitely a keeper.

This is a very personal story for me. Not only did I love it as a child, I could identify with it strongly. And still can.

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 10 out of 10

© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: