Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Wallace and Grace and the Cupcake Caper

Wallace and Grace and the Cupcake Caper. Heather Alexander. Illustrated by Laura Zarrin. 2017. Bloomsbury. 80 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: "Let's play a game," said Wallace. He flew high above the trees. "Let's play I Spy," said Grace. She flew next to him.

Premise/plot: Wallace and Grace are detective owls. In this early chapter book, they except two cases. Monty wants to hire Wallace and Grace to prove that Sal stole his cupcake. Sal wants to hire Wallace and Grace to prove that he did NOT take Monty's cupcake. Will Wallace and Grace discover WHO stole the cupcake? Is Sal innocent? Will readers solve the mystery before Wallace and Grace?

My thoughts: I enjoyed this second book in the series. Like the first book it has four chapters. Wallace and Grace showcase their detective skills a bit better in this one, in my opinion. I would definitely recommend this series to young readers. I think the illustrations are lovely, and the plot is fun.

© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: