Sunday, September 3, 2017

This Little Piggy: An Owner's Manual

This Little Piggy. An Owner's Manual. Cyndi Marko. 2017. 64 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Have you always wanted a pet with all your heart?

Premise/plot. This Little Piggy: An Owner's Manual stars two kids--a brother and a sister--desperate to convince their Mom they need a pet. The pet they decide upon--after some scheming on the sister's part--is A PIG. The book is a step-by-step manual on how to convince your mom to let you have a pet pig. The text is both in prose and speech bubbles. This chapter book features a lot of illustrations.

My thoughts: I liked it. It had its cute moments. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to kids, the actual target audience. It just wasn't a thrilling read for me--as an adult! I would imagine that it's a stand-alone book and not part of a larger ongoing series.  

© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: