Monday, September 4, 2017

Naptastrophe

Naptastrophe. Jarret J. Krosoczka. 2017. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: It seemed that nobody listened to Lucy when she said, "I'm not tired." So she found herself in her room. With the lights off. During the daytime.

Premise/plot: Lucy, the heroine-rabbit, is NOT tired and she will NOT nap. So her Dad takes her on his errands. Will the errands go well since she did NOT get a nap? Or will there be a naptastrophe at the store? Since the book is titled Naptastrophe! readers of all ages can predict what's coming...

My thoughts: I really liked this one. I thought it was fun. Is it my favorite, favorite, favorite book on the subject? Probably not. But it was still a fun book.

I will never tire of saying that Janet Wong's Grump is the BEST, BEST, BEST book on the subject. It is just a CRIME that it is out of print, and a CRIME that it has not been published as a board book.

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 3 out of 5
Total: 8 out of 10
© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: