Friday, September 8, 2017

Cat Dreams

Cat Dreams. Ursula K. Le Guin. Illustrated by S.D. Schindler. 2009. Scholastic. 32 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: It's time to run. I love to leap. But now I think I'll go to sleep.

Premise/plot: It's nap time. What is this cat dreaming of?! Readers find out in this rhyming book that may leave little cat lovers quite satisfied.

My thoughts: I like this one. I do. I'm torn between "like" and "love," however. I love, love, love the cover. I think it says READ ME NOW. I love the illustrations throughout the book. Perhaps not as much as the cover itself, but they are really quite good. The text, I enjoyed it. But. I'm not sure I loved it on its own. I think cat lovers will enjoy this one.

Text: 3 out of 5
Illustrations: 4 out of 5
Total: 7 out of 10
© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: