Saturday, August 5, 2017

Board book: Peppa and the Big Train

Peppa and the Big Train. 2017. Scholastic. 16 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence:  Today, Peppa and her friends are going on a train ride together. "Hooray!" they all cheer excitedly. Mr. Rabbit is the stationmaster. He checks all the tickets. "Tickets, please!"

Premise/plot: Peppa and her classmates are going on a train ride as a field trip. Madame Gazelle has given them a list of things to spot. But there are many more things to see than just a sailboat, a red light, and a tunnel!

My thoughts: I do like Peppa Pig quite a bit. Not enough that I'd want to watch a nonstop stream of her show on YouTube, but enough that I get excited when I get one of her books in the mail. This was a great episode of the show. The board book does a good job in capturing the fun of it.

© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: