Monday, August 28, 2017

Be Quiet

Be Quiet! Ryan T. Higgins. 2017. 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Finally! I get my very own book to star in. This is going to be great! I'm going to make it a wordless book. They are very artistic. This book will have NO WORDS at all. Starting....NOW.

Premise/plot: Rupert the Mouse is in the process of creating/writing/starring-in a WORDLESS picture book. Or is he?! When Thistle and Nibbs interrupt this work-in-progress, it seems doomed to fail. Neither mouse seems to understand the meaning of the word QUIET. Though both seem super-excited at the idea of being in a book--wordless or not.

My thoughts: The dialogue in this one is GREAT fun--regardless your age, in my opinion. I enjoyed hearing these three talk about how wonderful, how fantastic, how artistic WORDLESS picture books are. I love all the talking about the writing/creating process. I love that Bruce makes an appearance--though very, very brief. The book as a whole is just funny and amusing.

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 4 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10

© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: