Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Board book: Pug in a Truck

Pug in a Truck. Nancy Coffelt. 2006/2015. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 32 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: This is our truck. It's flat in the front. This is me. My nose is as flat as the front of our truck. This is my friend. He calls me Pug. I'm Pug in a truck!

Premise/plot: This board book is narrated by a pug dog. His owner is a trucker. They travel the roads together hauling/delivering loads. The book is full of trucker lingo: double nickel, dragon wagon, keeping the shiny side up and the greasy side down, etc.

My thoughts: If you or your little one likes dogs, OR, trucks this is a fun little read to share together.  I am thankful the author included a glossary of the trucker lingo. I had heard a few of the words before, but not nearly all of them!


© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: