Monday, October 18, 2010

The Gobble Gooble Moooooo Tractor Book


The Gobble Gobble Moooooo Tractor Book. Jez Alborough. 2010. September 2010. Kane/Miller. 32 pages. 

Early one morning, when Farmer Dougal was still asleep...
Sheep climbed onto the big red tractor.
"What are you doing?" asked Cat.
"I'm going for a ride," said Sheep.
"This is the sound the tractor makes when you turn the engine on..."
Ba-aa-a-a-a-a
"Can I come?" asked Cat.
"I can do the sound the engine makes when it starts to wiggle and jiggle..."
Purrrrrrr
"Wait for me!" said Turkey.
I loved this one. I just LOVED it! I always love a good farm book, a farm book that begs to be read aloud. Over and over and over again. While I can't say I loved The Gobble Gobble Moooooo Tractor Book as well as The Cow Loves Cookies, I definitely loved it. And I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves a silly oh-so-fun read. It would pair well with Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type, Farmer Duck, and Punk Farm.

Loved the text and the illustrations. Loved the story. Loved how the excitement kept building and building! How more and more animals join in the fun in making all the "tractor" sounds. I think it definitely works best as a read aloud!

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: