Friday, October 8, 2010

Baby Baby Baby!


Baby Baby Baby! by Marilyn Janovitz. 2010. October 2010. Sourcebooks. 24 pages.

Bitsy bouncy baby
On a bumpity lap
Mommy's little baby likes to
clap
clap
clap!

Teeny tiny feet
Tippy toes prance
Daddy's little baby likes to
dance
dance
dance!
Baby Baby Baby! reminded me of Bouncy Baby by Begin Smart. (If you click through to my review, you'll see how VERY similar the opening pages are. Down to the clap, clap, clap and dance, dance, dance.) These two were so similar that it's almost impossible not to compare them. At first.

What makes Baby Baby Baby different is that everyone has a chance to claim this little one! Mommy. Daddy. Grandpa. Grandma. And even the puppy and the kitty! (For example, puppy's little baby likes to crawl, crawl, crawl. And Kitty's little baby likes to chase, chase, chase.)

It's also longer than Bouncy Baby. This baby does more--more than just clapping, dancing, eating, splashing, waving. Grandpa has a chance to make the baby giggle. Grandma helps out at bath time. And there's a sweet bedtime scene with plenty of hugs and kisses.

It's not quite as rhythmic as Bouncy Baby. But I liked it well enough.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

1 comment:

Puala said...

I read this book to my nephew and he ate it up! He is really close to his family and wouldn't let me say Grandma, I had to change it to Mamaw. I ended up having to read it to him several times and after just a couple of times reading through, he would start clapping right before I got to that part.