Monday, July 19, 2010

Night Lights


Night Lights. Susan Gal. 2009. November 2009. Random House. 32 pages.

streetlight
headlight
porch light


I'll admit that I'm not so crazy about the text. I don't think the text makes for the best read aloud. (Not that every book has to be a great read aloud.) The text isn't much of a story. But there were things I liked about this one. I loved the illustrations. I really loved the illustrations. I thought they were very detailed. I liked "finding" things in the illustrations. I liked finding more of the story. Once you pay attention to the illustrations--to each page of the story--you find a story. And it's a good story. So I'm glad I took the time to read this one...carefully. One of my favorite things about this one? You see them reading Harry the Dirty Dog!

Susan Gal is the author/illustrator of Please Take Me For A Walk. I enjoyed both books.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

1 comment:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i love the cover, so i can see why you love the illustrations!