Monday, July 19, 2010

Dinosaur Love Underpants


Dinosaurs Love Underpants. Claire Freedman. Illustrated by Ben Cort. 2009. December 2009. Simon & Schuster. 32 pages.
Dinosaurs were all wiped out,
A long way back in history.
No one knows quite how or why.
Now this book solves the mystery...
Now I don't love dinosaurs. And I don't love underpants. It takes more than seeing a pair of underpants to make me giggle. But. I'm not the target audience for this one. So if you know someone in your life that likes dinosaurs or underpants, then this one would probably be a good match. The premise of this one is very, very silly. Want to know--really know--why dinosaurs are extinct? Well, the dinosaurs couldn't stop arguing amongst themselves over underwear.

Told you it was silly. Yet as much as I don't "like" this one. I've got to admit that I found some of the illustrations cute. In fact, the illustrations were my favorite part of the book.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: