Saturday, June 12, 2010

How To Clean Your Room In 10 Easy Steps


How To Clean Your Room in 10 Easy Steps. Jennifer LaRoue Huget and Edward Koren. 2010. May 2010. Random House. 40 pages.
Welcome to my room. You will notice that it is very clean. I'm going to show you how you can clean yours, too. The first thing we need is a messy room. The messier, the better.
How To Clean Your Room In 10 Easy Steps is one very silly book. It may just make your little ones--if they're messy--laugh out loud. What's the first step? Can you guess? It is
"Always wait until your mother hollers, "GET UP THERE AND CLEAN YOUR ROOM--NOW!" using all three of your names."
It continues,
"You can pretend you're too busy to hear. Or you can answer her. Say, "But my room isn't messy. I know exactly where everything is!" When she hollers again, you'd better get moving."
The second step?

"Pull everything out of your drawers and closet and shelves. Every Single Thing."
I won't tell you ALL the steps. After all, I want to give you plenty of reason to pick up the book for yourself. My favorite step would probably be #5.
"Carefully arrange all your stuffed animals on your bed."
It goes on to add,
"It's very important that you stop to remember ever single animal's name."
It's easy to relate to this one--as either the kid or the grown-up! I would definitely recommend this one.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

1 comment:

Zoe @ Playing by the book said...

Definitely sounds like a lot of fun!