Friday, June 25, 2010

Dogs Don't Do Ballet


Dogs Don't Do Ballet. Anna Kemp. Illustrated by Sara Ogilvie. 2010. June 2010. Simon & Schuster. 32 pages.

My dog is not like other dogs. He doesn't do dog stuff like weeing on fire hydrants, or scratching his fleas, or drinking out of the toilet. If I throw him a stick, he looks at me like I'm crazy. So I have to fetch it myself. No, my dog likes music and moonlight and walking on his tiptoes.

I loved this book. I just loved it. It's got an adorable dog who thinks he's a ballet dancer. It's got an adorable heroine who loves her dog and loves ballet too. A little girl who can't quite convince her parents that her dog is special. It's a cute story, a fun story. I found it irresistible.


I loved the illustrations. I thought they were practically perfect. I thought they complemented the text well. And I think they definitely add to the charm!

Recommended for those that love dogs. Recommended for those that love dance.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: