Monday, March 29, 2010

Clifford's First Easter


Clifford's First Easter. Norman Bridwell. 2010. February 2010. Scholastic. 14 pages.
Hi! I'm Emily Elizabeth and this is my puppy Clifford.
This is Clifford's first Easter and flowers are blooming everywhere.
Who is hiding in the garden?
Don't hate me, but, I don't like Clifford. I have never really liked Clifford. (I think it's the illustrations mainly that I have never cared for.) So maybe it won't be a big surprise that I wasn't really a fan of Clifford's First Easter. It is a book with flaps. Or perhaps I should say with flaps! (I thought there were a few too many flaps.)

If you have a little one that loves Clifford--either the books or the TV show--then pick this one up. It would be a fine choice for your little one! And I suppose there could be Easter books with more gimmick than this one. (At least this one doesn't have glitter!)

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: