Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mattoo, Let's Play!


Mattoo, Let's Play! Irene Luxbacher. 2010. [February 2010] Kids Can Press. 32 pages.

My Mattoo is a shy cat. He never wants to play. I don't know why I'm a very friendly person.

I really liked this one. It's about a little girl with a big personality having trouble playing with her cat. She can't quite understand why her shy little kitten may not like everything she does. Can this little girl find the perfect way to play with her cat?
Is there hope for this relationship yet?

What I enjoyed about this one--besides the large personalities involved--are the illustrations. I just love how imaginative and playful they are. I love the tone they evoke. They really complement the story, the text so well. I love how the illustrations show imagination at work.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: