Friday, February 12, 2010

Baby, I Love You


Baby, I Love You by Karma Wilson. Illustrated by Sam Williams. 2009. [December 2009] Simon & Schuster. 30 pages.

I love babies. I do. I really love babies. And I love books that celebrate loving babies. Books that sing praises of how cute, how precious, how sweet, how adorable, how wonderful babies are. Books that focus on those sweet little bellies, sweet little toes, oh-so-cute chubby cheeks, etc. I love books celebrating the bond between babies and their caretakers. I do. So I found much to appreciate in Karma Wilson's Baby, I Love You. Through sweet and simple rhymes, babies are celebrated. (I also love the fact that we're celebrating all babies, all skin tones).

Love my baby's
little hands,
love those
little fingers, too.

Love my baby,
little one.
Oh, my baby,
I love you!
I really enjoyed the illustrations in this one as well. The colors were sweet and gentle and complemented the text well.


© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: