Monday, March 2, 2009

The New Jumbo Book of Easy Crafts


Sadler, Judy Ann. 2009. (Released March 1, 2009) The New Jumbo Book of Easy Crafts. Kids Can Press. 176 pages.

Though I've never had a crafty bone in my body, I thought some of you might be interested in this one. (It's not that I didn't want to be uncrafty. But I've always made such a mess of things I spent much of my life banned from glue and tape.)

There are over 150 crafts within The New Jumbo Book of Easy Crafts. Each craft uses both text and illustrations to show readers how to make the craft in question. The crafts are organized into four themes: imagine and create (play dough, clay, fold-a-book, egg-cup chick, acorn-head doll, etc.); wear and use (pasta jewelry, fleecy fringed poncho, tin-can stilts, braided bookmark, etc.); make and play (tissue-box dollhouse, bead buddies, paper-plate shaker, sock sack, bead-toss game, etc.); and decorate and celebrate (decorating eggs, fuzzy flowers, valentine doily, greeting cards, snowflakes, party favors, etc.).


© Becky Laney of Young Readers

1 comment:

kimberley said...

This book sounds like so much fun. I remember making these sorts of crafts as a child. I recall with much fondness making acorn dolls with kleenex dresses.