Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cool Zone with The Pain and The Great One


Blume, Judy. 2008. Cool Zone with the Pain & the Great One. Illustrated by James Stevenson.

Cool Zone...is a fun chapter book. Narrated by 'the Pain' (younger brother, Jake, first grade) and 'the Great One' (older sister, Abigail, third grade), Cool Zone with the Pain & the Great One is family-and-school drama at its best. Each chapter is a self-contained story or adventure. Episodic. Both brother and sister were enjoyable. All the chapters were enjoyable. But if I had to pick a favorite, I'd have to admit that my favorite chapter is the last chapter which is narrated by the family cat, Fluzzy.

The book is family-friendly and would make a good read aloud.

Though I didn't know when I began reading it, it is the second book in a series.

No comments: